Thursday, April 1, 2010

WHY SUFFERING?

I  have finally been given the gift to see my life from GOD's perspective, and now I know that I have been given the opportunity to be able to read and study from the greatest of thinkers to the most humblest of thinkers, through the gift of the Internet I have been given plenty of time to study the Bible and to learn more about GOD. I suffer from chronic pain from Osteoarthritis and Fibromyalgia, each day I am more disabled because of pain and deterioration of my left hip socket from the last stage of  O.Arthritis, being greatly overweight from lack of exercise because of extreme pain upon movement of my joints. The Doctors won't perform an operation to give me a new hip unless I lose the weight. A vicious circle I am in. The all over body , muscle and joint pain of both the arthritis and Fibromyalgia and extreme pain of Sciatica,my spine is ate up with Arthritis, now carpal tunnel of both wrist, the list seems to go on and on, but thank God ,I finally was given the right pain medication to at least ease the pain so that I can at least tolerate living life. BUT ,there is a silver lining in this situation and  within this challenge I have been given the opportunity and time to learn and travel via the Internet, what a gift. If I were healthy and able to walk without pain and the use of crutches and a walker I would most likely be busy doing other things than learning about God and Jesus.  For too much of my time I had let depression sink me to very low depths of self piety and self loathing because I felt that much of my problems was because of something I did or did not do in my life, like eating properly there fore I wouldn't be fat, by exercising and so forth, but even if some or most of what I am experiencing now is because of me, I thank GOD that even so , I can rejoice because All things are being worked out for my good , even those things I brought about on myself,why? Because I truly love GOD and I truly want to believe in GOD and because I know my only hope is in GOD. I have been depressed over my condition for quite awhile, but I see that even so I am truly blessed of GOD because now I have more than enough time to devote to GOD and to study ,prayer and to learn, and it is truly a gift I would not be able to enjoy if I were healthy and going about MY business. I can look upon my life situation as a terrible time, of pain and disability, or I can look upon my life situation as truly a GIFT FROM GOD, I have chosen the first part for too much time and what a waste of time that has been, so I have chosen to view my life situation now as truly a blessing of GOD, because now I have the time to pursue GOD unhindered by all the activities I would otherwise be doing with an abled body.
I for too long have looked upon my life from the world's standards and viewpoint.The world and it's enjoyment seems to be only for the abled bodied. At least if you watch alot of TV. But life, when viewed from GOD's perspective, being abled body or disabled is not the point. If this life is all there is, then yes it really is for the enjoyment of the abled bodied, but this is not all there is , life  is only the  journey and not the destination. The reason for the gift of life is so that we can be transformed into Christ within us, into GOD's image, and that only happens through the trials and tribulations we suffer and through the blessings we are given, as we learn through the process of living life, if we have the Spirit of GOD within us, we will ultimately be able to see GOD face to face.
If we view life from GOD's perspective then all of life opens up and reveals much of what is hidden from view from the Worlds perspective.Yes life has a lot of suffering, but if we keep our perspective and view life through GOD's lens we would see that what we experience now is a small fraction of our life in Christ in the ages to come. It can not even come close to the blessings of what our lives will be in the Ages to come. I choose to see this life as only the preparation needed to enjoy what GOD has in store for us, doing so puts my life in the real perspective and therefor I can glory in my sufferings, knowing that GOD is truly working it all out for my ultimate good, and that is truly a blessing .
Changing my perspective has not eased the pain I am in, but it does explain at least to me the reasons for the pain I am experiencing in my life. I do not believe in accidents, I believe all things are in GOD's hands and what is allowed in my life now is working for me a greater blessing that I can ever imagine. At least

No comments:

Post a Comment