Friday, April 2, 2010

DEVOTION FOR DIETERS-PATIENCE!

DEVOTIONS FOR DIETERS,360 A DAY GUIDE TO A LIGHTER YOU
April 2


Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

It seemed like forever before any weight came off. Gerri had cut way back on her food intake and exercised daily. It had been frustrating to step up on the scales day after day to find no real change. She stuck with the diet despite her despair, and now four weeks into the program it was paying off. People were beginning to no-tice the difference in her. What had seemed so painfully slow, one pound every few days, had finally added up, and she was thrilled. Waiting a little while had paid off, waiting a little more didn't seem nearly as hard.

Today's thought: I can take this diet one day at a time!
***************************************************

This thing called time, it is amazing to me how when my daughters were growing up , being with them I never noticed that they were growing up, it just happens and one day you look at them and wonder when did this happen! When I was pregnant with them I never noticed my belly getting bigger but one day you look in the mirror and you look like a whale, and you wonder when did this happen?  When I see my daughters friends after many years has gone by and they are young adults , what a change! Time just continues to keep on moving on. Loosing weight is like that, we don't notice the changes because they are so small but then you see someone who you haven't seen in ages and they say "wow don't you look great!, what have you done?"
 It feels pretty good doesn't it? I know ! About 4 or more years ago my husband and I went on a diet, he lost 120lbs. and I lost 92lbs. it was  both a hard and yet wonderful experience to give our 'big' clothes away and buy smaller ones, it was wonderful to have friends you haven't seen acknowledge your hard work! But alas, we got lazy and the pounds piled right back on. Now again we are in that process to lose this unwanted weight, mainly for health purposes, I need a new hip and Doctors won't operate until I lose, so I have a major reason to succeed , I want to walk again, I want my life back again!! With GOD's help and with patience we will do it again, because I know that it can be done, because I have done it and I will again!
Shalom and blessings to ya

No comments:

Post a Comment