Monday, April 5, 2010

DEVOTION FOR DIETERS-reprogramming

DEVOTIONS FOR DIETERS,360 a day guide to a lighter you with Dan Dick

April 5
Philippians 4:7

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. "
Leah was still terribly overweight. She had tried dozens of diets, none of which had made an impact. She attended church regularly, and she prayed continually for God to help her with her problem. She realized that she wasn't ready deep down inside, so she often ignored the voice of her conscience and the comfort of her prayers. Leah lived from day to day asking God's forgiveness and resolving to try harder in the future. She told her friends, 'When I'm ready, I know God will be there, and I know He will help me lose all the weight I need to.'
Today's thought: Lord, make me ready to lose weight!

___________________________________________________
 
Shalom
I know from experience how hard it is to do something that seems hard . When I smoked cigarettes, it was hard to quit, but once I gathered up all the reasons why I should quit, I then wanted to quit. I continually 'renewed my mind' over the reasons I wanted not to smoke, and each day when I felt tempted to smoke I would recite in my mind why I really didn't want to, nor did I like cigarette smoking anymore, so why would I think that I want to?It is only the old programing speaking,  that needs to be booted out and replaced with new programming  ! and before long I no longer wanted to nor was tempted to. The same way with weight loss. I have to find all the reasons why I need to lose weight and why healthy eating habits were in my best interest. Then I keep those thoughts in my mind all the time. Each time I am tempted to go back to my bad habits I tell my self why I really don't want that way of living anymore. I tell myself that losing weight and being healthy is truly my goal, dream, and desire. Any battle we have starts and ends in our minds and our thinking, we need to re-program our minds to conform with God perspectives and our new true desires. We must ask God to help change our desires to conform to his Will, and since we know that is what God wants to do in our lives then we can agree that we all agree!We can do this, we have to want to, lets make it our aim to be healthy so we can enjoy the life God has given to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment