Friday, April 2, 2010

DEVOTIONS FOR DIETERS: IT'S ALL IN MY HEAD!

DEVOTION FOR DIETERS,365 DAY GUIDE FOR A LIGHTER YOU.
Hebrews 13:6

So that we may boldly say, 'The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.'

In a prison camp, the people were starved for long periods of time. One man seemed unaffected by the treatment he received. While others complained about how hungry they were, this one man stood by silently. Finally, he was asked why he seemed to be doing so well while the others all suffered so. He replied, 'I will not let my captors get the better of me. No matter what they do, they will not wear me down. I am the Lord's, and no one else has any power over my life. Men may take away my food, but only God can truly sustain me.'

Today's thought: The need for bread is all in the head!
******************************************

This is so true, at least for me! Very seldom do I really feel hungry, I usually just want to taste the chocolate, or because I am nervous, or board, seeking comfort, but very seldom because I am hungry. It is all truly in my thinking, in my head and if that is all that is keeping me fat, then
 BE GONE THAT THOUGHT, I CHOOSE THIS MOMENT , THIS TIME, NOT TO ENDULGE  IN MY CRAVINGS.
I HAVE A PURPOSE TO FULFILL IN ME WHICH IS
THAT I WILL NO LONGER OBEY MY LUSTFUL CRAVINGS.

No comments:

Post a Comment