Tuesday, April 28, 2009

LIKE A TREE PLANTED FIRMLY BY THE WATERS


Do you want to be happy,blessed and prosperous? Who doesn't ? Can we really be happy ,blessed and prosperous as a Christian? I know from my perspective it seems that few really are, unless you are a Tele Evangelist. They seem to be really rolling in the dough.
If the bible can be trusted to be the inspiration of and the very breath of GOD, and it is,it seems to say that we can be. So when looking at the lives of the Saints spoken of in the Scriptures and at the lives of the Apostles, can we come to the conclusion that they were in the very Will of the Most High? If so, were they happy, blessed and prosperous or successful in all they did? Do the words, blessed, happy , successful and prosperous mean the same thing in our day as it was in the Bible? Tele Evangelist and the Name it Claim it crowd, seems to think that these words mean what they mean today, I think that maybe they don't, not exactly. I think that it is not the personal wealth and success that we keep for ourselves, that the bible is addressing. I think that the people of FAITH spoken of within the pages of our Bibles were very blessed and properous, some in the ways we think of in our society, but these wealthy ones shared and spread their wealth around and did not hoard their blessings but served GOD with it. Others seemed not so wealthy by our standards of wealth, but in the ways of GOD these saints were what we can say 'stinking rich', but in the works of GOD through them. They flowed and was filled and full of the HOLY SPIRIT OF THE MOST HIGH they were so successful at letting the fruits of GOD' S SPIRIT flow through them for and in the service of others, that many Christians today can only just read about. There are very few saints living today that are as Rich as they were in the writings of the Apostles. Why is that, and that was my question to the LORD today, why GOD am I so poor and lacking in all areas of my life both physically and spiritually?
and Psalms 1 and Psalms 4 was my answer.
BLESSED-1. (imp. & p. p.) of Bless.
2. (a.) Hallowed; consecrated; worthy of blessing or adoration; heavenly; holy.
3. (a.) Enjoying happiness or bliss; favored with blessings; happy; highly favored.
4. (a.) Imparting happiness or bliss; fraught with happiness; blissful; joyful.
5. (a.) Enjoying, or pertaining to, spiritual happiness, or heavenly felicity; as, the blessed in heaven.
6. (a.) Beatified.
7. (a.) Used euphemistically, ironically, or intensively.

HAPPY
1. (superl.) Favored by hap, luck, or fortune; lucky; fortunate; successful; prosperous; satisfying desire; as, a happy expedient; a happy effort; a happy venture; a happy omen.
2. (superl.) Experiencing the effect of favorable fortune; having the feeling arising from the consciousness of well-being or of enjoyment; enjoying good of any kind, as peace, tranquility, comfort; contented; joyous; as, happy hours, happy thoughts.
3. (superl.) Dexterous; ready; apt; felicitous.
PROPEROUS/PROSPER
1. (v. t.) To favor; to render successful.
2. (v. i.) To be successful; to succeed; to be fortunate or prosperous; to thrive; to make gain.
3. (v. i.) To grow; to increase.

SUCCESSFUL/SUCCESS
1. (n.) Act of succeeding; succession.
2. (n.) That which comes after; hence, consequence, issue, or result, of an endeavor or undertaking, whether good or bad; the outcome of effort.
3. (n.) The favorable or prosperous termination of anything attempted; the attainment of a proposed object; prosperous issue.
4. (n.) That which meets with, or one who accomplishes, favorable results, as a play or a player.

As I was getting ready for my time with the LORD this morning, not really knowing where to start, I had just opened my bible, not to any particular page, I just opened it and proceeded to turning on my lap top, when all of a sudden the page of the bible turned, so I looked at what was on that page and on both pages were ,Psalms1,2,3 and 4
Psalms 1 really spoke to alot of issues, that I am tangled up in and if I would apply it's wisdom in and to my life, I would not be so tangled up in my 'issues" . In Psalms 1 , struck a note with me in that ,if I want to be blessed,1.I must not walk in the council, or plans or purpose of the wicked or unbelievers.What does that mean exactly? For me, I have been studying in some of the various religious paths that are not exactly noted for being kind or sympathetic to the bible and to the GOD of the Bible.

2. I must not stand or sit in the path of sinners.- This is very clear to me, in that the word 'path' is used alot in these various fringes of Christianity and beyond , I have been mingling in and studying various teachings on these 'Paths',and the word path is used to defind their spiritual or religious affiliations.

3.My delight or pleasure should be in the law or teachings and instructions of the LORD.-This is speaking very loudly to me in that on these other 'paths' the law or teaching within the bible are not the focus of their pursuit, but on how to do other things to get close to GOD when GOD has already told us how it is done. My passion , my desires, my pleasure should be on the teachings that GOD has handed down to us via the instruction manual the bible.

4. I must meditate,ponder, and or study in HIS law day and night.- This is telling me that meditation is to ponder and to study HIS laws and instruction via the Bible, through out the day and night, not some thing else that does not even mention GOD of JESUS within its teachings ,Meditation is not saying a mantra or a word over and over so that my mind is empty but that I place within my Mind the Words of Life and ponder them over and over, GOD wants a thinking mind not an empty one.If I do this not because I want to be saved but because I am saved and I do belong to the LORD then I will be planted and rooted in the river of GOD, I will bring forth fruit, this fruit is not my doing but being a branch on the vine of Christ and the root of GOD, I will bear fruit in season or when the time is right, and I will prosper and be successful in all I do. What I believe here is that it is not just my life here on earth the Material blessings that are being talked about. I will be prosperous and successful, but in what the LORD does within me and from the Holy Spirit from whom my fruit comes from , that is what will be successful. I think that the blessings and the prosperity is the work of GOD in us and through us that will be blessed, be successful and prosperous. We are not here as Christians to have earthly wealth and success and revel in our flesh, but as Christians we are to be blessed and successful in the work that GOD does through us.

I know we can not give to others if we do not have, but I also know that when we have then we are able to give to others. But our wealth and prosperity is not for us alone, but for and in the service of GOD as Ministers of Reconciliation to others.

May you be blessed and prospers in the LORD

SHALOM, in CHRIST THE MESSIAH

ENDURA

PSALMS 1
1 How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked,Nor stand in the path of sinners,Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! 2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD,And in His law he meditates day and night. 3 He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water,Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither;And in whatever he does, he prospers. 4 The wicked are not so,But they are like chaff which the wind drives away. 5 Therefore the wicked will not stand in the judgment,Nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous. 6 For the LORD knows the way of the righteous,But the way of the wicked will perish.


AND PSALMS 4 Spoke to me concerning my 'issues'


New American Standard Bible ©.
1 Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness!You have relieved me in my distress;Be gracious to me and hear my prayer. 2 O sons of men, how long will my honor become a reproach?How long will you love what is worthless and aim at deception?
Selah.3 But know that the LORD has set apart the godly man(person)for Himself;The LORD hears when I call to Him. 4 Tremble, and do not sin;Meditate in your heart upon your bed, and be still.
Selah.5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness,And trust in the LORD. 6 Many are saying, “Who will show us any good?”Lift up the light of Your countenance upon us, O LORD! 7 You have put gladness in my heart,More than when their grain and new wine abound. 8 In peace I will both lie down and sleep,For You alone, O LORD, make me to dwell in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment