Wednesday, April 22, 2009

DEVOTION FROM MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST


April 22, 2009
The Light That Never Fails

We all, with unveiled face, beholding . . . the glory of the Lord . . . —2 Corinthians 3:18
A servant of God must stand so very much alone that he never realizes he is alone. In the early stages of the Christian life, disappointments will come— people who used to be lights will flicker out, and those who used to stand with us will turn away. We have to get so used to it that we will not even realize we are standing alone. Paul said, ". . . no one stood with me, but all forsook me . . . . But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me . . ." (2 Timothy 4:16-17 ). We must build our faith not on fading lights but on the Light that never fails. When "important" individuals go away we are sad, until we see that they are meant to go, so that only one thing is left for us to do— to look into the face of God for ourselves.
Allow nothing to keep you from looking with strong determination into the face of God regarding yourself and your doctrine. And every time you preach make sure you look God in the face about the message first, then the glory will remain through all of it. A Christian servant is one who perpetually looks into the face of God and then goes forth to talk to others. The ministry of Christ is characterized by an abiding glory of which the servant is totally unaware— ". . . Moses did not know that the skin of his face shone while he talked with Him" ( Exodus 34:29 ).
We are never called on to display our doubts openly or to express the hidden joys and delights of our life with God. The secret of the servant’s life is that he stays in tune with God all the time.

_________________________________________________

As I read this , this morning it was after I had written a prayer to God in my journal. I had asked to be connected with others, you see, I don't have a Church home, or a denominational branding,I travel full time with my Agnostic but very loving Husband on the road, he is a trucker. So being involved with other believers,is ,for the time being, something that does not exist for me. I feel that I am flopping all around, not at all steady in my beliefs in God, not really sure exactly what I believe other than, Jesus is truly my Lord, He is a historical fact! not a myth. He live ,died, was buried and rose again, and is now interceding for me at the right hand of God.
So reading this , I felt that God had answered my prayer at least for today, for right now and that is that I should:Allow nothing to keep you from looking with strong determination into the face of God regarding yourself and your doctrine . And that He shows me what Paul had to say about being alone: Paul said, ". . . no one stood with me, but all forsook me . . . . But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me .
I have not been forsaken by others, but by circumstances I am alone on this journey of faith, God is telling me that I must continually look to Him for my source of life, inspiration, belief, faith, doctrine, and not on others to guide me. I believe that as part of the personal lesson that I am learning is that this is what I need. Apparently sense I have been 'alone' most of my life when it comes to God and belief and faith, not that I am physically alone, my husband, who has shown me truly unconditional love and patience, as I try to live with chronic pain and mobility issues has been by my side for 32 years but not with me as a Christian, I fear that I have fed him with much to be faithless over and for that I ask God to forgive me and the seeds of discontent and unbelief that I have planted in my husbands life I dearly ask for crop failure! for it was never my intention to aid in his unbelief, what the devotional says about speaking out loud about of fears and doubts have proven so true:"We are never called on to display our doubts openly ""The secret of the servant’s life is that he stays in tune with God all the time.."

I fear that I have over the years planted many seeds of confusion, and doubts to my husband, I never intended to cause harm but I did. I would speak of my doubts, and questions about biblical things to the point that it left no room for faith to grow in him. I thought that by airing my questions and trying to find the answers that it would be a good thing, but I now know that it was truly the worse thing one could do. So I ask for God to forgive me for displaying my doubts openly and not secretly before Him. Please God, a crop failure here is needed!

Thank you for these words of wisdom , Lord

SHALOM

In Him

Endura

No comments:

Post a Comment