Tuesday, November 16, 2010

THE VICTORY IS IN A MAN/GOD

Jesus Christ

Bible in Basic English, Ephesians 1:17-23
17 That the God of our(my) Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you (Me) a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him; 18 And that having the eyes of your (My) heart full of light, you (I) may have knowledge of what is the hope of his purpose, what is the wealth of the glory of his heritage in the saints, 19 And how unlimited is his power to us (Me)who have faith, as is seen in the working of the strength of his power, 20 By which he made Christ come back from the dead, and gave him a place at his right hand in heaven, 21 Far over all rule and authority and power and every name which is named, not only in the present order, but in that which is to come: 22 And he has put all things under his feet, and has made him to be head over all things to the church, 23 Which is his body, the full measure of him in whom all things are made complete.


Bible in Basic English- Ephesians 2:1-
1 And to you (me) did he give life, when you (I) were/was dead through your(my) wrongdoing and sins, 2 In which you (I) were/was living in the past, after the ways of this present world, doing the pleasure of the lord of the power of the air, the spirit who is now working in those who go against the purpose of God; 3 Among whom we (I) all at one time were/was living in the pleasures of our(my) flesh, giving way to the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and the punishment of God was waiting for us (me) even as for the rest. 4 But God, being full of mercy, through the great love which he had for us (me), 5 Even when we (I) were/was dead through our(my) sins, gave us (me) life together with Christ (by grace you (I) have salvation), 6 So that we (I) came back from death with him, and are seated with him in the heavens, in Christ Jesus; 7 That in the time to come he might make clear the full wealth of his grace in his mercy to us (me) in Christ Jesus: 8 Because by grace you (I) have salvation through faith; and that not of yourselves (myself): it is given by God: 9 Not by works, so that no man may take glory to himself. 10 For by his act we(I) were/was given existence in Christ Jesus to do those good works which God before made ready for us(me) so that we(I) might do them."

View Image
When reading a scriptures like this it is best to make it as personal as you can so you get the message straight, it is not about them or they or us it is about YOU.We struggle it seems all the time with the idea that some how we must fight the battle, why is that ? When the battle has been won? We go looking for the enemy , why? When the enemy is already conquered ! The job is done, our duty is to rest in Christ . Our duty is to Stand  in faith when the so called enemy comes calling, he is nothing, he is nothing but hot air and no substance. Believe the scriptures and the victory is ours.
blessings in Christ
PATC

There is no higher place in the universe than to be seated with Christ in the heavenly places. Indeed, since Christ is larger than the universe, then to be seated with Christ is to be above and beyond all time and space and dimension as we know it. To be seated with Christ is to overcome as He has overcome. It is entering into His victory. It is not a fight to obtain victory, but a sitting down having already been made victorious. It is rest, but it is not “rest” in the sense that we do nothing. It means we have rested from our labors and now we work according to His power which works in us and through us.
God does not give us victory, God places us into Christ as our Victory. Since we are one with Him, it is nevermore a question of our ability, gifts, talents, or power. Everything we ARE is swallowed up and eclipsed and surpassed by everything HE IS. Today, in Christ, I overcome: but not because I am anything. On the contrary I am nothing. But since I am in Christ, Who is God’s Everything, His overcoming is my overcoming. If the Head overcomes, so does the Body which is joined to the Head. If the Vine overcomes, so do the branches which are joined to the Vine. Can you see this? Take the weakest member and put it in union with the Head and they will go the way the Head goes. Take the weakest branch and put it in union with the Vine and it will go the way the Vine goes.

When we begin looking to the Son as the Sum of All Things then we are giving Christ the preeminence. We are entering into the very heart, mind, thought, intent, purpose, and plan of God – that Christ Himself would fill all things, that His glory would be reflected in all things. If our way is a method, then the method gets the attention, and the man who created the method gets the credit, and the people who put the method into practice get the glory. But if my “method” is Christ, then Christ gets all the attention, Christ gets all the credit, and Christ gets all the glory. In this way Christ is magnified, the heart of God is satisfied, and we ourselves are attuned to His Will in Christ.
This was taken from a wonderful essay, please read the whole lesson  by Chip Brogden located here: http://theschoolofchrist.org/articles/victory-is-a-man.html

1 comment:

  1. Many look, some consider, few abide - but seeking is a true effort which someone like you assist others, Pat to make beautiful in witness. God Bless your blog in our Lord.
    His Sonshine

    ReplyDelete