Tuesday, November 24, 2009

THE JUDGEMENT

The book of Revelation discusses only 2 groups of people, the overcomers and those that don’t overcome. Period. Look at what the bible says.


Revelation 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.
Revelation 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. (notice it says 'hurt', not destroyed forever, not tortured forever!)
Revelation 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth [it].
Revelation 2:26-28 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father. And I will give him the morning star. Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, [which is] new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and [I will write upon him] my new name.
Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. Revelation 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.


Now let us consider then what happens to the people who do not overcome. They won’t get to eat of the tree of life, they will be hurt by the second death, they won’t eat of the hidden manna, or get a white stone, they won't rule over the nations, they won’t be clothed in white, their names won't be in the Book of Life, Jesus won’t confess their names before the Father and His angels, they won’t be pillars in His temple or have God’s name, God’s city’s name, or Jesus’ name written on them, they won’t get to sit down on the Throne of Heaven, and they won’t inherit all things.
If you are not a Christian when your physical body dies, no matter what age you lived in, you ARE NOT AN OVERCOMER, and all those events are true for you. Pretty harsh isn’t it?
Now consider that this book was not written to the world, but to the church of Jesus Christ. This is not a warning to the world, it is a warning to the church.

All through the Scriptures it refers to God as a righteous God, fair and just, punishing people according to what they have done and bringing there own crimes back upon their own heads. Of God’s judgment of the earth, the psalmist wrote,

"O let the nations be glad and sing for joy: for thou shalt judge the people righteously, and govern the nations upon earth. Selah."( Psalm 67:4) and Isaiah says,

"With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments [are] in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness." (Isaiah 26:9).
 According to God’s word, judgment is meant to teach and correct, and in the end will bring joy to those being judged. According to church theology, Judgment Day will result in an overwhelming percentage of humanity being either tortured or banished from all love and peace for eternity.This is that not scriptural, but it is sick and twisted and only the mind of carnal Man could come up with something quite so perverse to say about our heavenly Father and Lord, Jesus Christ.

God so loved the world (world meaning sinners because it was before any Christians were in it), that He sent His only begotten Son to it. He loved us while we were yet sinners, and Jesus continued to love it so much that He sent it the church. Did you hear what I said? In the same way God sent Jesus to the world, Jesus sent us to the world. Jesus so loved the world that He sent His church to them to proclaim to them the message of reconciliation, which is this;

"...That God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; (2 Corinthians 5:19) We, as a church have yet to tell the world this. We were commanded to teach this. 1 Timothy 4:9-11 says,
" This [is] a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.(not only) These things command and teach."

We are the overcomers,(that means believers, the body of Christ) we rule and reign with Him forever, but we will rule and reign over them. Not only that, but we will be called upon to judge the world along with Jesus. Don’t believe me? look at what Paul said.
1 Corinthians 6:2-3 says,

" Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life?"
Now that puts a different spin on things doesn’t it? If anyone is going to hell for eternity, we will be the ones sending them there.
And before you answer, I will just leave you with one little thought. You had better judge them according to the same standards God used to judge you when you were a sinner. Think about it and pray.

SHALOM IN CHRIST

No comments:

Post a Comment