Sunday, November 15, 2009

A DISCERNING PRAYER

 Sometimes we don't know whether it is Satan hindering us or the Spirit of God saying no not now, or whether the pain in your body is because of something you did, or satan laying something on you, it is best that no matter what the case that we lean on Christ for all things in all areas of our life. Here is a short prayer that might keep your mind in the right place. It should never be considered as some incantation or formula but an attitude of submission to God in all things.
We should cultivate an attitude of prayer that says, in effect,

 “Lord, forgive me if I have sinned against you. If I have violated some natural law, show me what it is and I will set it right. If this is from Your hand I accept it, for You do all things well. I will submit to Your dealings with me. Nevertheless, I steadfastly resist anything and everything pertaining to the enemy.”

In this way we are not committing ourselves to one particular interpretation of the event. On the one hand we are willing to submit to the dealings of the Lord in our environment, and on the other hand we firmly maintain our ground against the adversary. This sort of prayer closes all the loopholes. It is most pleasing to God, for it is humble towards Him yet firm towards the enemy.  It is a prayer towards a  heart-attitude towards the will of God , which must be nurtured.
SHALOM IN CHRIST

No comments:

Post a Comment