Sunday, September 27, 2009

PRAYER CHANGES US



                 BLOSSOMS OF A ROSE OF SHARON
                                in my garden
"To say that "prayer changes things" is not as close to the truth as saying, "Prayer changes me and then I change things." God has established things so that prayer, on the basis of redemption, changes the way a person looks at things. Prayer is not a matter of changing things externally, but one of working miracles in a person’s inner nature." Oswald Chambers

I have heard many 'theories' on just what is prayer and what is it's purpose, especially since God supposedly knows our needs before we ask of Him, then why bother ? But what I am learning is that prayer is vital nutrients and food for our spirits, it is what feeds the God in us which is Christ. I use to think it was through much bible study that did this but I am learning that it is by prayer and communion with our God that feeds our spiritual selves. I am not saying bible study is not necessary but that it is not what feeds our souls, it is our communion with God that does, which is why we need to pray. It is by and through prayer that we begin to know God, and I thought for many years it was right doctrine and lots of bible study that did the trick, now with much bible study under my built I no more know God than when I first began. The bible can and will lead us to God, but communion in prayer will bring us in contact with God and therefore in the process of knowing God...........this is what I desire, and seek. I had pursued spiritual knowledge and understanding through study and  intellectual pursuit, but I was heading no where towards my true goal, that of knowing God. My knowledge of God is achieved by obedience to the light I am given each day, as I walk in that light I gain knowledge and communion with the God of Creation that I seek.
Prayer and obedience go hand in hand, if I am in the spiritual dark about something, there is a good chance that I have not obeyed in some area of my life, and by setting time alone with God in prayer I am more likely to hear what it is I am doing or not doing in my life at that time to cause this darkness in my life.

"Oh that I might know you God, and my Lord Jesus/Yahshua my Messiah, show me how this life in You is all about. Show me you , oh that I might truly know You and the power of your resurrection in me , today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment