Friday, September 3, 2010

DREAM OF A HOUSE ,LIGHTS AND FLOOD

I was reminded of a dream I once had while reading about someone else's dream that was quite similar. Although I can't remember what was happening in my life at the time of this dream, I can be quite certain that I was in 'search' mode looking for God and the way S/He would have me go and I can be certain of having many fears and worries about all aspect of my life.

My Dream:

There is this big 2 story house I am in it and the house had been pushed off it's foundations and was floating down a river during a very turbulent storm, I believe it was a flooded river. In this house are many rooms and decorated nicely and it still had electricity in it even though there were no 'external' source . The lights were on inside this house as I floated down the river! I remember wondering what was keeping the lights on.

After reading about this other dream I now have a better understanding of my own dream.

Dreams relating to a house often refers to various aspects of the Self.To see your home in your dream, signifies security, basic needs, and values. Because this house still had it's lights on without being plugged in to an external source is very revealing to me, The 'light' comes from within me within my 'house', I am that house or it is Gods house and S/He is the only light/life source needed.


To see a storm in my dream, signifies some overwhelming struggle, shock, loss or catastrophe in my waking life. The storm also represents unexpressed fears or emotions, such as anger, rage, turmoil, etc. On a more positive note, the storm symbolizes my rising spirituality. It may signal rapid changes ahead for me.
To see a raging river in my dream, signifies that my life is feeling out of control. I am feeling emotionally unsettled. Alternatively, a river means that I am ready to confront life's challenges and life's twists and turns.The river is the river of life we are all on, sometimes things get wild and turbulent and the floods really do knock us off our foundations, but God will always be there within each of us.God is not out there somewhere, but within us, especially if we have asked for God to be there, like I have done. So in this dream I am being reassured that my lights are on inside of me, that God who is the light is alive and well within. And no matter what happens as I go down this river of life, God will be with me.


To dream that I am floating in water/river, suggests that I still have a handle on my emotions even though sometimes I might feel out of control of the things happening in my life.



I have always searched outside of myself for God and God has been within me all along! And no matter what will try to disturb my since of security in life, when the storms come and they will, I can have faith that I am not alone in them. My lights will still remain on no matter if I get unplugged from some outside source.

No comments:

Post a Comment