Wednesday, July 1, 2009

THE LORD'S PRAYER

I found this to be a wonderfull way to see if we are really trying to live as God would have us, and I can say that truthfully : 'Lord I am trying my best, but thank you Jesus/Yahshua that when I fail you did not, and in You I place my identity, and there fore in Christ I do what is right at all times when my hope and life is in you and you are in me"!

Challenging the Lord's Prayer

I cannot say OUR, if I live in a watertight spiritual compartment; if I think a special place in heaven is reserved for my denomination.

I cannot say FATHER, if I do not demonstrate the relationship in my daily life.

I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN, if I am so occupied with the earth that I am laying up no treasure there.
I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME, if I, who am called by his name, am not holy.


I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME, if I am not doing all in my power to hasten its coming.


I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE, if I am questioning, resentful of, or disobedient to his will for me.


I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN, if I am not prepared to devote my life here to his service.

I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD, if I am living on past experience.

I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US, if I harbour a grudge against anyone.

I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION, if I deliberately place myself in a position where I am likely to be tempted.

I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL, if I am not prepared to fight it in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.

I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM, if I do not accord the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.

I cannot say THINE IS THE POWER if I fear what people may do or what my neighbours may think.

I cannot say THINE IS THE GLORY if I am seeking glory for myself.

I cannot say FOR EVER AND EVER, if my horizon is bounded by the things of time.

I cannot say AMEN, if I do not also add "cost what it may". For to say this prayer honestly will cost everything.

-- Original Source Unknown

----------------------------------------------

[Another Version]


I cannot say OUR if I live only for myself.

I Cannot say FATHER if I do not endeavor each day to act like His child.

I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN if I am laying up no treasure there.

I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME if I am not striving for holiness.

I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME if I am not doing all in my power to hasten that wonderful event.

I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE if I am disobedient to His word.

I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN if I will not serve Him here and now.

I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD if I am dishonest or seeking things by subterfuge.

I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES if I harbor a grudge against anyone.

I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION if I deliberately place myself in its path.

I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL if I do not put on the whole armor of God.

I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM if I do not give the King the loyalty due him from a faithful subject.

I cannot say THE POWER if I fear what others may do.

I cannot say THE GLORY if I am seeking honor only for myself.

I cannot say FOREVER if the horizon of my life is bounded by the things of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment